Thursday, March 10, 2011

Naive Corner

I stood in a naive corner for years.  From that corner the world looked a certain way, almost two dimensional if you will.  It had no depth.  I sought to discover that depth.  I traveled.  I read.  I worked.  As I sought out this depth to my life, I could see when others had found it for themselves by that glimmer in their eyes or  joy in their voice you simply hear.  I wasn't necessarily unhappy as I sought this depth out for my life, I merely felt a constant hunger.  A hunger nothing could satisfy.  No one I loved seemed to be the one.  I fell to using the cliche of,  "it isn't you, it is me" more than once simply because I found it was true.  It wasn't them, it really was me and I shouldn't have wasted their time.  If only I had realized what I was questing for and hungering to find.  I was looking for my submissive self all those years and it took a Dominant to help me find it.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes, as you have seen, we look for answers when we don't really even know what the questions are. Is this the real question and answer for you? Only time will tell. But it at least seems to be a part of it, if not all of it. One of the hardest parts can be accepting what you find. You found your need for submission, now you have to be able to accept it as a great thing, and be able to move forward within it. Sounds like you are on the track you need to be on. Enjoy all your discoveries!

    DV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, DV. I have certainly discovered something I was longing for the majority of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where ever we are in the journey it took all of our steps so far to be there. In that way no step was ever wasted for with out you would not be where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir J that is so very true. No step really a mistake or a waste. Thank you for those words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete